Full-time Opening – Care Coordinator – Griswold Home Care – Vestavia, AL

Passion for helping others?  The Griswold Care Coordinator will schedule and manage cases while providing general office support in busy office.  Will recruit, provide client service and run daily office.  Telephone support for clients and caregivers.  Must be a self-starter with ability to manage multiple tasks with care and compassion.  Min. of 2 yrs. work experience in business or hospitality.  Some college, degree preferred.  Staffing industry experience helpful but not required.  Good working knowledge of PCs and MS Office.  Some evening and weekend on-call work.  Visit www.griswoldhomecare.com for more information. 

August 15, 2013 at 11:48 am Leave a comment

griswold-logo.jpg

Griswold Home Health (Vestavia) has full-time opening for Care Coordinator.

August 15, 2013 at 11:42 am Leave a comment

Daxko – Part-time Member Engagement Representative

Daxko - Part-time Member Engagement Representative

August 15, 2013 at 11:38 am Leave a comment

Looking for engaging part-time work? Check out Daxko in Homewood, AL

Hi — passing along an opening — this job may be exactly what you are looking for.  Check out www.daxko.com/careers.   Daxko is looking for a Member Engagement Representative (Visit HERE for the detailed job posting):  20-25 hours a week, scheduled shift between 1-8 pm, Monday through Thursday, 1-7pm Friday,      9-5pm Saturday, phone 90% of the time, Calls      YMCA members on behalf of our customers to get them engaged.   Homewood, near Samford.  FREE YMCA membership, FREE lunch 1x per week.  

August 15, 2013 at 11:36 am Leave a comment

JULY 22 – Hear from Sharon Lovoy about forces of influence

July Career Connections Meeting Details

Meeting Date: Monday, July 22, 2013
Time: 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Location: Prince of Peace Catholic Church (St. Elizabeth Room), 4600 Preserve Parkway, Hoover, AL 35226
(click here for directions)
Speaker:  Sharon Lovoy 

“Change Anything”

Research shows an individual’s failure to improve his or her performance is due more to a lack of skill than a lack of will.  During this session, individuals learn to recognize the personal, social, and environmental forces of influence and use them to achieve their desired results.  By doing so, they become four times more likely to solve complex problems.

About Our Speaker

Sharon Lovoy is an experienced HR consultant who has developed a thriving practice through proven results and long term relationships with client organizations.  As President of Lovoy’s Team Works, Inc. she has conducted training for over 300 clients.  Among her many certifications, Sharon is a certified Mediator through Harvard Law School Program of Instruction for Lawyers and is a certified Crucial Conversations Master Trainer.  Sharon is also a Career Ministry Organizer and speaker/ facilitator for numerous churches and community organizations.

About Lovoy’s Team Works, Inc.

A human resources management and development firm established in 1991. The mission of this company is to help organizations focus on its customers, its effectiveness and its empowerment by providing training in team building, company or department wide seminars, one-on-one coaching, and special events speaking engagements.  For more information about Lovoy’s Team Works, Inc. visit:  www.ltwinc.com.

 Facilitated by Gerriann Fagan www.hrprism.com

Questions?   Gerriann@hrprism.com

Career Connections was founded by Lou Thibodaux, Archdeacon at the Episcopal Diocese of Alabama, Gayle Lantz Work Matters and Gerriann Fagan, The Prism Group, LLC in 2009.  Our mission is connect, encourage and educate job seekers through monthly programs.  We are staffed by volunteers and hosted by churches, nonprofits and businesses throughout the metro area. 

July 3, 2013 at 11:15 am Leave a comment

Happy Memorial Day Weekend from Career Connections

Don’t overlook making Career Connections on Memorial Day Weekend.  While we won’t have our monthly meeting, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to make connections on your own.  Barbecues and baseball games are opportunities to share your best self.   And, while it seems like summer and a long weekend, Memorial Day is really about honoring fallen men and women who have served our country.  Taking time to honor a soldier and reflect on the true meaning of the holiday.  Thinking about others may give you the courage to help you tackle your own challenges and opportunities.

Here are a few things you can do over the long weekend to energize your search:

  • Check out www.jibberjobberusa.com.  This is a tool for organizing your search and connections.  Looking for that scrap of paper with a phone number on it?  Can’t remember when you said you’d call a company back?  Jibber Jobber is an on-line solution to help keep everything job search at your fingertips.
  • Revisit your prospect list.  Have you stratified it?  Do you have an A, B and C list of companies you are targeting?  A long weekend might be a good time to revisit this.  If you have not had activity on an A and you’ve been working on it for a while, perhaps it is now a B or C.  Take a longer look at your C’s.  A C prospect may surprise you.\
  • Work on your interview strategy.  Who.  The A Method for Hiring is a book that is making it through corporate libraries.   Most of it is common sense, but these authors challenge companies to interview in a way that the interviewer will have a 90% likelihood of hiring someone who performs in the top 10%.
  • Review your progress.  What is working, not working.  Where are you having success?  What haven’t you tried lately?
  • Get caught up on industry journals and business books – that may get your creative juices going.
  • Take some time to connect with a few good friends.  Sure, you can post something on LinkedIn or Facebook but I’m talking about picking up the phone.  Connecting with someone important to you will give you energy to tackle the week ahead.
  • Enjoy your long weekend. By doing a few of these things, you’ll be able to hit the ground running on Tuesday, May 28th.

Last, if you think things can’t get done the day before a holiday weekend, I have good news.  One of my clients had an interview and got a job offer today.

Have a great weekend.  Gerriann

May 24, 2013 at 1:13 pm Leave a comment

Hear from Gerriann Fagan, President – The Prism Group, LLC about “Interviewing: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know”

April Career Connections Meeting Details

Meeting Date:  Monday, April 22, 2013
Time:  6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Location:  Our Lady of the Valley Catholic Church (Social Hall)5510 Double Oak Lane,  Birmingham, AL 35242 (click here for directions)
Speaker:  Gerriann Fagan

(download PDF: Career Connections April 2013)

“Interviewing:  Everything You Ever Wanted to Know”

gerriann_bio_picGerriann Fagan, President of The Prism Group, LLC will present Interviewing: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know.  Participants will have the opportunity to practice interviewing and ask questions.

About Gerriann Fagan

Gerriann co-founded Career Connections in 2009.  During her career she has interviewed hundreds, if not thousands of job search candidates.  Her firm provides executive coaching, training and career development services for local and national clients.   Prior to consulting, Gerriann worked in HR Leadership positions in health care and manufacturing in AL and other markets.

Gerriann is an active member of the Birmingham Society of Human Resource Management.  She holds an M.A. in Industrial Relations from the University of Minnesota.  She is certified in several selection and developmental assessments as The Birkman Method, Lominger and MBTI as well as a certified Retirement and Business Coach.  Gerriann is Past President of Birmingham’s National Association of Women Business Owners Chapter and an active member of the Birmingham Business Alliance.   She has been involved in nonprofit volunteer work in the community including work with UCP of Greater Birmingham and Positive Maturity.  Gerriann and her husband have lived in the Birmingham area since 1994.

Facilitated by Gerriann Fagan www.hrprism.com

Questions?   Gerriann@hrprism.com

Career Connections was founded by Lou Thibodaux, Archdeacon at the Episcopal Diocese of Alabama, Gayle Lantz Work Matters and Gerriann Fagan, The Prism Group, LLC in 2009.  Our mission is connect, encourage and educate job seekers through monthly programs.  We are staffed by volunteers and hosted by churches, nonprofits and businesses throughout the metro area. 

April 16, 2013 at 11:15 am Leave a comment

Older Posts


Recent Posts

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. We also send an e-mail message prior to the current month's meeting - signing up for the blog will add you to this mailing list. We will not sell, distribute, or hand out your e-mail address to anyone - have no fear!

Join 50 other followers

Keep Current

April 2014
M T W T F S S
« Aug    
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
282930  

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 50 other followers